From: "Jean Menzies" <jemenz...@shaw.ca>
To: "Jaws Users List" <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2009 11:31 AM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] customizing Jaws 10

Hello all,

I have Jaws 8 at home, but use Jaws 10 at work. Some things are quite
different, and I don't have time at work to explore settings and read Help
files to try and find answers to some things I'd like to change.

In Word, I always work with Announce Styles turned on. I need to know this
information. I find that when moving through a document by paragraph, Jaws
announces style names first which is what I like. But if I arrow down with
numpad 2 through the document, Jaws announces the style name after reading
the entire line.

I find this behaviour slows me down a lot and I really would like to change
it so that Jaws always reads the style name first, no matter which way I
navigate through the document. Can I change this? I use the Speech and
Sounds manager, Classic plus  attributes.

Jean

E-mail message checked by Internet Security (6.0.0.386)
Database version: 5.11610
http://www.pctools.com/en/internet-security/
Visit the JAWS Users List home page at:
http://www.jaws-users.com
Visit the Blind Computing home page at:
http://www.blind-computing.com
Address for the list archives:
To post to this group, send email to
jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
jaws-users-list-le...@jaws-users.com
body of a blank message to:
jaws-users-list-requ...@jaws-users.com
jaws-users-list-ow...@jaws-users.com
following address:
blind-computing-j...@jaws-users.com
-- Currently in Pendleton, Eastern Oregon Regional At Pendleton, Oregon
Overcast, Light Snow; Mist 23°F Wind:WNW-290