Thank you. I might not have been using the correct formatting in go to. Will try again. The forms I'm working with are very cumbersome, with lots of cells and lots of data and text in cells. With Jaws having trouble reading and navigating, it's hard sometimes to understand the layout well enough to even know what to select. I've had some challenges with Excel, but this has definitely been the biggest so far. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ann Byrne" <ann...@sbcglobal.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Monday, April 05, 2010 10:38 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Excel problems with Jaws

A partial solution is to use goto for selecting text. Either f5 or control-g gives you the go to dialog box. Then enter what you want to select. For example if you want to select rows 1 through ten, you would type f5, then 1:10. You can select contiguous cells, joining them with colon as above, or non-contiguous cells, joining them with comma.

I would have thought that unloading and reloading JAWS would straighten things out when you're trying to read, though. Excel is hard for JAWS, being so densely formatted, but usually unload/reload unscrambles it.

Good luck!