Hi. if the synaptechs option isn't in your system tray, just hit alt enter on your start button, press shift tab until you get to the hide inactive icons checkbox and if its checked, uncheck it and click ok. Most laptops have this manager installed regardless of what make they are for controling mouse features. If not, have someone sited check your keys. normally, the keys on the top of the keyboard are the ones you'll need to look at. FN plus one of those should turn your mouse off.

HTH,

Mo.

richard synnott wrote:
Hi,
my niece had an accident with her netbook and the screen doesn't work, so I swapped her my laptop. I've got jaws 11, and it seems to be working ok. Just wondering how can i turn off the mouse touchpad? I've gone in to the control pannel, and had a fiddle with a few things but it doesn't seem to have done anything.
Any suggesttions?
Thanks. Richard.