Mike,

besides JAWS, do you have any other self-voicing apps (Openbook, or some other) that will read character by character, see if this behaviour is duplicated then? One thought is that this might be a video card issue. How about when you're writing, is everything ok then?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike & Barbara Arcadia" <mb69ma...@charter.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2010 7:48 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Jaws keeps repeating

Hello Sir;

Thank you for your response and confirming what I thought about how key repeat works. Here is a better explanation of what is happening. If I copy a URL into the address bar and invoke the say line keystroke Jaws will read it just fine. If I press the Home key Jaws will keep repeating the first letter of the URL. If I press the right arrow, Jaws will keep repeating
that letter, until I press the right or left arrow and Jaws will keep
repeating whatever letter is highlighted. Pressing the control key will not
stop Jaws from speaking.  The only way to stop Jaws at this point is
pressing the escape key. I can read a URL character by character in an email or if I paste it into Notepad just fine. I have went into manage applications settings and disabled everything. The problem is still there after disabling everything in the manage applications settings dialogue box. I hope you or someone has some ideas on how I can correct this issue because
it is annoying as hell!  LOL
Oh, it also does the character repeat in My Documents if I press the F2 key
to change the name of a folder.  Thanks again, take care.
Mike