Hi.

I'm just wondering if avast has somehow become muted? what i mean is windows seems to offer individualised volume controls for different applications, is it possible that the volume for avast could be set to 0? the avast sounds should either be in the media folder inside the windows folder on the root of your hard drive, or in the alwal software folder in program files. I would check for you straight away but i don't have avast 5 on this machine. by the way, don't update to the latest program version yet as they're working on accessibility, they broke the rightclick menu in terms of accessibility in 5.0.667.

Mo.

john wrote:
        Hi list. I have been using avast 5.0.594 since it came out and find it very good.
Over the last 2 weeks, the sounds that came with avast seem to have disappeared. In the
past when windows came on, avast would say "virus database has been updated."
but now when I go to the sounds tab in control panel, there are no sounds listed for
avast. All the windows sounds are fine, and when I manually check the update tab in
avast, it seems to have updated the virus definitions automatically. Has anyone else
noted this and where does one find the sounds? I am using vista. Thanks