The only thing I can suggest is to contact Eric Damery directly. He may be able to address your issue himself or refer you to someone else who can. His email address is:

edam...@freedomscientific.com

Gerald

----- Original Message ----- From: "Greg Epley" <gregep...@thinkzo.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2011 11:28 AM
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Reaching someone else in FS tech support

Is there any way, when I send an issue to FS tech support, for me to reach someone other than Mr. Tracey Jackson? Seems no matter when I send a tech support request, I invariably reach him.

As I briefly mentioned in another recent post, when the JAWS 12 beta was initially released, I submitted a bug I found in the new Text Analyzer feature, using the recommended bug report form, and received a confirmation screen after submitting the bug, but the issue was never addressed and is still present in JAWS 12.0.522.

I couldn't figure out any other way to reach FS with the steps in written form other than through tech support email. I've reproduced this bug on multiple machines, all with different hardware, on the same release of JAWS, so I don't feel it's something unique or specific to my environment. I provided clear steps to allow FS to reproduce this bug in both my original bug report and the tech support email.

I finally receive a reply back today, after several days, again from Mr. Jackson, who now wants me to provide my JAWS serial and a phone number and time I can be reached, because this issue needs to be forwarded to the escalations team. Oh, so, the escalations team can't simply follow my steps to reproduce the bug? We've got to waste my time on the phone, where I can't easily record the call, so I've got no record of it, as opposed to being able to archive email?

It's because I seem to end up with Mr. Jackson that I posted my question here about whether it's possible to use the 32-bit Microsoft SAPI 4 speech engine under 64-bit JAWS on 64-bit Vista SP2, because I figured I'd just receive his response without feedback from anyone else in tech support, and I wanted to make sure this wasn't perhaps just something odd under Vista which perhaps isn't a problem under Windows 7. Unfortunately, no one on the list has responded to the original post, which I did receive, so I must assume no one has any feedback to offer on that issue. I'm inclined, however, after the numerous tests I've run on this client's machine, to think that only 64-bit SAPI 4 speech engines will show up under the Detect SAPI 4 synthesizers option of 64-bit JAWS. Problem is, I've yet to find any free 64-bit SAPI 4 speech engines, and I personally haven't found any commercial known 64-bit SAPI 4 speech engines, so it would seem a moot point to even have the Detect SAPI 4 feature in 64-bit JAWS.

At any rate, is there any way for me to reach anyone else in tech support besides Mr. Tracey Jackson, or is it just bad luck of the draw?

--
-Greg Epley
Thinkzo Systems

jaws-users-list-ow...@jaws-users.com