Ok...copying the name of one file seems pretty simple, I'm kind of ashamed I didn't think of the solution. However, what can I do if I want to grab the names of multiple files in a list? Surely I wouldn't have to do the F2 thing for each file, would I?

Thanks, you guys rock...
Norma

At 12:32 PM 1/23/2011, you wrote:
Betsy,

That is not the correct procedure for what she wants to do. If you are in a file list and highlight the name of a file and press control-c as you suggest, what you are in fact doing is copying the whole file. If you follow your procedure and then go to a different directory, you can press control v and you will see your file is there, including the data.

What she wants to do is just copy the filename, in which case you highlight the file, press f2, then copy the name and press enter.

Steve
----- Original Message ----- From: "Betsy Whitney, Dolphin Press" <braill...@hawaii.rr.com>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 23, 2011 1:26 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Copying the name of a file

Hi Norma,
I'm a bit confused by the answers you received to this so perhaps I didn't understand the question. If I am in a list of files and want to copy the name to move it somewhere, when I am on the filename I just press control c.

In the same file list situation, the usual conventions regarding selection of contiguous and non-contiguous items still pertain.
Recently Norma A. Boge wrote:
Hi listers,

I'm using Jaws 12 and need to know how to copy only the name of a file in a list, as opposed to the entire file. Also, if applicable, do the usual conventions regarding selection of contiguous and non-contiguous items still pertain?

Thanks,
Norma

jaws-users-list-ow...@jaws-users.com