I am running Jaws 12 and Windows XP Media.
I have the following message several times and unsure what it means.
I am using AVG 2011 Pro and I get this message during updates that are automatically scheduled. I bought a Kingston Data Traveller 8 GB and plugged into U S B and got same message which is pasted below. I cancel out of message and later I tried to plug in data traveller on USB and no drive is recognized. I go to control panel add new hardware and nothing. So I am sending the Kingston drive back to Amazon but unsure why it does not work.
Just wondering if this message is from Microsoft to get people to upgrade?
Do you think I should have continued rather than cancelling despite the message below to get new Kingston Data Traveller recognized? On initial plug in I got message but afterwards I got nothing.
Thanks,
Ann
Message pasted here:
hHardware Installation
graphic 132  The software you are installing for this hardware:
Non-Plug and Play Drivers
has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility
with Windows XP. (Tell me why this testing is important.)
Continuing your installation of this software may impair
or destabilize the correct operation of your system
either immediately or in the future. Microsoft strongly
recommends that you stop this installation now and
contact the hardware vendor for software that has
passed Windows Logo testing.
Continue Anyway STOP Installation