Hello Greg,

I am using Excel 2010 but I think the following information should be
relevant to Excel 2007 as well.

To hide a single column simply have the cursor in the column to hide and use
CTRL+0.  To hide a single row place the cursor in the row and use CTRL+9.
To make a single column not hidden use shift with right or left arrow keys
to select the columns to the left and right of the hidden column and then
use Shift+CTRL+0.  To make a row not hidden use shift+up or down arrow key
to select the row above or row blow the hidden row and use CTRL+Shift+9.  To
hide multiple columns going right, use shift with right arrow key to select
the columns to hide and then use CTRL+0.  To hide multiple columns to the
left, use shift with left arrow key to select the desired columns and then
use CTRL+0.  To unhide the multiple columns use shift with right or left
arrow key to select the columns to show (starting on one that is not hidden)
and then use ShiftCTRL+0.  To hide multiple rows, use shift with down arrow
or up arrow key to select the rows to be hidden and then use CTRL+9.  To
show the rows again, use Shift with up or down arrow key (selecting the row
above and row below the hidden rows) and use shift+CTRL+9 to show the rows.

If the cursor is in a column on the left and you cannot use shift with left
arrow to select hidden columns to the left, you can select the whole row by
using shift+spacebar and then use CTRL+Shift+0 to make all columns visible.
If you have hidden rows then you can use CTRL+spacebar to select a whole
column and use CTRL+shift+9 to make the whole row visible.

The above will work for contiguous rows or columns, but you might need a
macro to handle noncontiguous rows or columns.

Take care.

Brian Lee
brianl...@charter.net