Since this started happening, have you: closed Outlook Express, and then reopened it?
Closed other unnecessary running programs?
Rebooted the computer?
Also, maximize your Outlook Express. It's possible that there's some other configuration because of the mouse?

Somehow or other, as outlined above, or with sighted assistance, get the menus back.

From the message list: if you press alt-v, then l you get to the Window
layout tab. here's how it may look.

Window Layout Properties
Layout
Basic
You can show or hide parts of Outlook Express to best suit
your needs.  Check the components below to view them.
Contacts Outlook Bar Views Bar
Folder Bar Status Bar
Folder List Toolbar
Customize Toolbar...
Preview Pane
Use the preview pane to quickly view a message without
opening a separate window.
Show preview pane
Below messages Beside messages
Show preview pane header