From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Mike B.
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2013 9:31 AM
To: Jaws-Users List
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Windows7 Suggested Settings For Jaws13

Hi All,

A friend just upgraded from Vista to Windows7.  Is there a list of preferred

settings for setting up Windows7 so it works best with Jaws?  He is having
several issues & he doesn't know if it's the upgrade didn't go well,
settings, Or Jaws.  Below is the email I received:

It seems to be quite sluggish for one, but
most recently it has stopped recognizing commands while on Internet
Explorer. It will not recognize the alt key so I can get to the menu where
file, view,
tools, etc. are located. I tried using the control key and the enter key
together on Facebook, but it would not pull up a new page. I began to wonder

if
the control key and the alt key had gone bad. So, I tried youtube. They alt
key and the left arrow (go back) worked on youtube. Jaws will say on youtube
control and whatever other key I am pressing. Jaws will say alt and whatever

other key I am pressing, but it will not perform the task. I tried tabbing
to the menu, but when I got to where the menu should be it just said toolbar

button. I select the button and nothing happens. I shift tab up to the
address
bar and try typing in the location and I get no results. It does not
recognize the letters.

1. Alt key does not work as it should.
2. Control key does not work as it should
3. Jaws is not reading what I type in the address bar.
4. Computer is sluggish especially with Outlook 2010.

Do you know what may be causing this to occur? I am using Jaws 13. That is
the only version available on that computer. I am also using Internet
Explorer
9.

All help will be greatly appreciated.  Thank you all very much.
Take care.
Mike
This email was sent from my, iBarstool.