I just make sure you are on the program you want to close, is all, most times if I have more then one program open, the box asking if you want to shut down will pop up but that is it, ault f four works fine with both 13 and 14 on my hp laptop susie

-----Original Message----- From: Ann Byrne
Sent: Saturday, March 02, 2013 8:14 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] alt+f4: needing to press it twice

On all the computers I use, and on my students' computers as well,
with JAWS 13 and 14, pressing alt+f4 often just says 'menu bar' and
closes nothing so we have to press the keystroke again.  Is anyone
else experiencing this?  Is there a way to close a program that works
with one action instead of two?