That is how it is suppose to look. Because they want the same view whether your on a tablet, cell phone or desktop.

At 08:07 AM 6/1/2013, you wrote:
I am about to install jaws on my grandson’s new computer so that I can try and help him. His first complaint is that the first screen looks like a cell phone. There is a button that can change the appearance but it does not stick. I think that there should be a way to make the change permanent. This should be interesting, I considered upgrading but from what he told me I am not sure. Most of his friends went back to win 7. Any thoughts with windows 8 and jaws? I do have the latest 14 version. --- Please visit my home page, it is motivational, educational, inspirational with a touch of humor. There is also a very extensive resource list for the blind. http://www.LennyMcHugh.com For answers to frequently asked questions about this list visit: http://www.jaws-users.com/help/