Hi Donnie,
details of importing messages and contacts into windows live mail can be found
in the importing and exporting messages and contacts section of this guide to
windows live mail 2011:
http://goo.gl/mnHqJ
Note that the current version of this program is windows live mail 2012, but
the differences are only some very minor differences in the ribbon.

David.