Dear List,

Just lost all recent data due to the failure of a 4 month old hard drive.
Had Rollback RX installed (and thought my data was protected) but the
technician said he could not locate the files- and the hard drive was
turning extremely slowly.

Needing advice on whether to get an external hard drive or to check out
cloud backup options. Some hard drives seem to have backup software built
into them, but I'm skeptical about the accessibility of such programs. I'm
also looking at what Seagate calls "expansion" hard drives- which may not
have the backup software built into them- am still trying to figure that one
out. Would appreciate your experience and advice.

Cher