Hello Scott,

A few other things you might check are that the navigation pane is set to
normal, reading pane at bottom or off and that "normal" is set on the status
bar toolbar.

Go into the View menu and tab to the group that has the navigation pane and
reading pane in it.  I am not on a system right now with Outlook 2010 so I
don't quite remember the names of the various groups but I think the panes
are shown in the layout group.  Press spacebar on the button for the
navigation pane menu and make sure it is set to normal.  Make sure the
Reading pane is off or set to the bottom.  You can also use function key 6
and find the toolbar that has choices for normal or Reading on it and make
sure Normal is checked.

Another thing to check is to go under the view tab and use the button that
opens the View Settings dialog box.  Use the Group By button to open a child
dialog box.  Find the Group Items By choice and make sure it is set to None.
You can also go under View tab and open the Current View dialog.  Use the
Columns button.  Make sure the "Maximum number of lines in compact view" is
set to 2.

You might also want to check and make sure the conversation view is not
being used.

There is also a reset view that you can use in the view settings for the
draft folder that will reset defaults and remove any customizations to the
view for that folder.  I don't remember exactly where to find it but it is
likely in the current view and in advanced settings or something similar.

You can run a command from a command prompt to reset the default settings
for folders as well.  However, the command will reset the views for all mail
folders.

To run the command, if you should choose to, Browse to your Outlook.exe
file.  The default path for the 32-bit Outlook in Windows 7 32-bit is
c:\program files\Microsoft office\office14\outlook.exe
The path for 32-bit Outlook in Windows 7 64-bit is
c:\program files (x86)\Microsoft office\office14\outlook.exe
If you copy the appropriate path in the Run box and do a space after the
.EXE and then type /cleanviews the task of cleaning customized views should
happen.

I hope you get the view set the way you want it to be.

Take care.

Brian Lee
brianl...@charter.net