I'd do it.  Nobody knows how long the first version will be kept up-to-date.

On 11/13/2013 08:49, Nicole Valicia Thompson-Andrews wrote:
Glad that step is optional. Is the upgrade necessary?

It doesn't sound like an easy process.

Pen name:
Mellissa Green
Blog

www.theworldofyemora.wordpress.com

Twitter
@GreenNovelist

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Hamit Campos
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2013 8:26 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Windows 8.1

  Saddly MS doesn't make it that easy. Yes it does install, but they
'll want you to sign into your Windows Live account, they'll want you to
give them a phone number to send you some code to type in incase they need
privet info. You can skip this aand then go on your way. Note, from now on,
unless you change it I guess, you'll use your Win live account to sign in.
Man Microsoft is really pushing Win Live.
  At this time I guess Narrator should work from what I heard. I just had
someone sighted do it. Once the whole install process is done, then and only
then will JFW come up.