hello;
here's a couple thpoughts for you.

Turn on or off Auto-Complete List name suggestions

The Auto-Complete List is a feature which displays suggestions for names and
e-mail addresses as you begin to type them. These suggestions are possible
matches from a list of names and e-mail addresses from the e-mail messages
 that you have sent.

Auto-Complete list

By default, this feature is turned on in Outlook. To turn on or off
Auto-Complete List name suggestions, do the following:

1. Enter on the File tab.
alt+f=options,

2. Up arrow enter  Options.

3. Down-arrow choose  Mail.
Do not press enter here.
Use the tab key,
4. Under Send messages, select or clear the Use Auto-Complete List to
suggest names when typing in the To, Cc and Bcc lines check box.

another thing you could do is,
run the SCANPST.EXE,
this can repair the PST file, if in fact there's error to be fixed.
the other thing is, have you made sure that the screen is maximized?
hope this gets you pointed in the right direction.