First thoughts. GW Micro seems to be in bed with Microsoft. Given the latter's reputation as a monopolist (think Netscape, etc.) I would be very careful to align my working future solely with GW Micro and, by extension, Microsoft products. I am not unhappy, though, to see FS sweating a bit. Consumers should win with this tie-up, I think. Now, if Mozilla did a screen reader I might be swayed. Could FS move move to a Mozilla type model that works on donations and collaboration? The FS installed base is Freedom Scientific's best asset. If they don't pull a Microsoft, letting themselves be passed by Google and Apple,. then the GW Micro/Microsoft deal could be a boon to all. Still..what was the motivation for Microsoft to apparently single out one screen reader maker for partnering? Surely too many questions for me to take any action now, including switching to Apple products.