hey Rich,
windows media center is a program to watch tv through your pc. you
need a tv tuner card, and an HDMI cable to use it. as for stopping
startup of windows media center, the only way I know of is to go into
the system configuration utility and disable it there. press windows+r
to get to the run dialog, and type msconfig. go to the survices tab by
pressing control+tab. look for windows media center their and uncheck
the windows media center box. it will say running and unchecking it
stops the survice from running at startup. .
Daniel