this is what I needed, thanks Mike.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike O'Brien" <mike23...@verizon.net>
To: <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 1:58 PM
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] JAWS 15 can't read PDF

Hi

To automatically change the reading order of tagged documents, open the edit
menu, then accessibility and then setup assistant.  In the setup assistant,
there are 5 screens to go through.  On the first screen make sure that use
defaults is not checked and then tab to the next button and press enter to
go to the second screen.  Tab through this second screen to get to the next
button and press enter.  On the third screen, the first item is the default
reading order  you prefer.    The next item is a check box that says
override reading order in tagged documents.  Make sure that is checked to
automatically change the reading order of tagged documents.  The next item
asks if you want Adobe Reader to confirm that you want to change the reading
order or not.  Tab to the next button and go to screen4. And then go to
screen 5.  On the last screen, the next button is replaced by a done button.