Hi Kimsan,
thanks for raising the fact that ctrl+shift+home/end works in a list. It made
me go back to microsoft's documentation to check it out.
The brief answer is that in most cases you can use either shift+home/end or
ctrl+shift+home/end. However, there are some minor differences between these
two keystrokes:
1. Perhaps the most important difference is for shift+home, or end or up/down
arrows, whether or not the initial item is selected has no effect on the
outcome. For example if the first item in a list is the focus, then whether or
not this item is selected, if you press shift+end, then this selects all the
items in the list. If the first item is unselected and you press ctrl+shift+end,
then the focus moves to the last item, but the selection of no items are
changed.
2. If you're someway down the list then after pressing shift+end, the items to
the end of the list are selected, and the remaining items are unselected, even
if they where selected before pressing shift+end. This isn't the case when
pressing ctrl+shift+end. (but see the link below - you need to know where the
anchor is to work out exactly what will happen).

The source of most of my information on this issue is:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms971323.aspx#atg_keyboardshortcuts_anchoring_and_exte

David.