From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com]
On Behalf Of Eric Damery
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 9:07 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] Tablets

I put my answers below Alan.
Eric

1.       How much sighted assistance is required in setting it up out
of the box?
** It can be done without help but does require some time. You really
should get a short cable that does Mini USB (that connect to the
Venue) to USB Female so you can move files on from a USB drive to
install JAWS that way rather than having to download in the beginning.

2.       How do you actually get JAWS on it? With a regular computer
one can insert the CD and you are good to go. I'm sure tablets do not
have a CD. Possibly put a copy of the exe file for JAWS on a flash
drive to install?
** I move files on and off the device with the USB drive connected as
I mentioned above.

3.       With Window's 8.1 can narrator give you enough to get JAWS up
and running.
** Yes, this is what I suggest to get you started. Use Narrator to set
up a Blue Tooth Keyboard so you can then have been access to JAWS to
get the installation done and start setting up the Tablet. On the
Venue, you can toggle Narrator on and off, but pressing the Windows
Key (small button on the top of the unit on the right side) and while
you press that, you press the up Volume button, second button down on
the right edge. (the top button on the right edge is the power button,
this is just below the mini USB port).

Listened to Eric & Jonathon on FS cast regarding how affordable
tablets are becoming. I liked the sounds of the Dell Venue Eric was
describing. My question to Eric or anyone else on list that has one
is:

1.       How much sighted assistance is required in setting it up out
of the box?

2.       How do you actually get JAWS on it? With a regular computer
one can insert the CD and you are good to go. I'm sure tablets do not
have a CD. Possibly put a copy of the exe file for JAWS on a flash
drive to install?

3.       With Window's 8.1 can narrator give you enough to get JAWS up
and running.

Hopefully some answers here on list or feel free to contact me off
list at:

arobb...@blindhandyman.net

best,

Al