Hi Group,

A friend of mine is having a problem with JAWS 16. Here is his problem
below.

Hello, all. I am wondering if anyone is experiencing this frustration with
JAWS 16 and if you have any suggestions (besides going back to JAWS 15) of a
setting I might check on my computer.

I am using JAWS 16 on a Fujitsu laptop, Windows 7 64-bit. I have 8 mb of RAM
and a 2.1 processor.

When I read through a document line by line, using the down arrow, JAWS
often rereads the line, even though I have pressed DownArrow. In addition, I
am a fast typer, and sometimes I notice skipped letters. I could blame this
on my typing, but I did not see it until I installed JAWS 16.

I contacted FS Technical Support and, upon their recommendation, did a
repair of the install. As that made no difference, I uninstalled JAWS and
all shared components and reinstalled from the DVD. Still no success!

This is the most frustrated I have been with a JAWS release in many years.
Again, I am wondering if there is a setting I need to check on my computer,
but all other versions of JAWS run smoothly.

Any suggestions you can give me would be much appreciated.