hey,
I think you mean GB instead of MB for RAM. maybe their is a problem
with your video card in your computer. JAWS 16 has  mirrer  drivers in
windows 7, which allow for things like reading line by line. I
personally don't have the issue on windows 8.1, but if you first go to
device manager and check that the merrer driver and your driver for
your video card are installed. go to control pannal to device manager.
their are different options in the tree view, but find the one that's
display adaptors. if you video card isn't listed their, then go to
other devices and the video card should show up. execute the install
option if that's the case. when JAWS was updated for windows 8, their
were lots of issues, one of them being that the video accessibility
driver, which came next after the mirrer drivers that are in windows
7, wouldn't install. maybe Freedomscientific in the process of making
drivers for windows 8.1 brok the mirrer drivers in windows 7, just
speculating here.
Daniel