From: JAWS-Users-List [
mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com]
On
Behalf Of Mike Boyd
Sent: Wednesday, December 3, 2014 11:21 PM
To:
jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com

Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] updating from windows 8.0 to 8.1

Hi Anna,

Unless Microsoft has changed the upgrade process since Windows 8.1 was first
released, I found the upgrade to be impossible. The upgrade evidently uses
the Microsoft Store metro app, which is inaccessible, and once I clicked on
"Get It Now", that's as far as I got. From this point on, JAWS will read
nothing, and there is no way of knowing where you are at. I resorted to the
Microsoft Accessiblity Support Group to help me get it installed.  I also
always had trouble with it after the upgrade, and ended up buying a new
laptop with 8.1 installed on it, I have liked it since then, no problems. My
old computer, I reverted it back to Windows 7. This is just my experience,
but I do know many people had trouble getting the update.

Mike,
blindb...@comcast.net