The tab andshift tab solution appears to work to resolve the issue. Thanks.

On 3/11/2015 5:27 AM, Tim Ford wrote:
Hi Leonard,

The reason you are getting the two different lists is that JAWS is misleading/unclear about letting you know when it is really on the link, rather than just being on the same line which includes the link. Using the arrow keys is especially prone to the problem. The solution, described below, uses the tab key, not the arrow keys.

There are at least a couple of ways to make sure JAWS recognizes and is on the link you want. I am sure others have even more options, but here are the ones I use interchangeably, depending upon my mood and whim.

You need to hear JAWS actually say the link, but only when you are getting there with the tab key. Go to either the line above and tab until you hear JAWS speak the link, or be below the desired link and shift tab until you hear JAWS speak the link.

The other way is to use insert f7 to bring up the list of links. Find the one you want, but instead of pressing enter there, tab once and press enter on the "move to link" button. That routes you to the right place, and now your applications key will give you the options for a link.

Tim Ford

-----Original Message----- From: leonard morris
Sent: Tuesday, March 10, 2015 1:58 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] problem with the application information in IE11

Your explanation makes sense. However, the inconsistency happens when I
have a link highlighted. For example if I do a search on Google and then
I highlight one of the links in the search result I get the second
information quite often instead of the first infomation I indicated. I
actually just tried it again to be certain I wasn't mistaken and got the
second unwanted information.