Open Word 2013, then go to the File menu, ALT + F, and arrow down to Ottions, once here, press enter to open the Word options menu. Tab once, and you should see that you are on the category of General. Tab on down until you find the Start up options area, and then the item which says, "Show the Start Screen when this application starts" item. Press the space bar to uncheck this check box, then tab down once more and press Enter on the OK button. Now your Word program will open to a blank document instead of the back stage view.

Mike
mike....@comcast.net

-----Original Message----- From: Neil Towery
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2015 6:58 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Getting rid of back stage view

Hello Gang:

When in Microsoft Word 2013, I usually do control O then shift tab twice to
the document list. But, I ran into something called back stage view.

How do I find the check box to uncheck the back stage view?

I saw a post about it several months ago. But, did not file or save the
information. So, I know y'all know the answer.

Thanks. Neil