Hi

To copy settings files from an older version of JAWS to a newer version, do
the following.

1.  Go to the start menu, all programs and then the newer version of JAWS
sub-menu and press right arrow to open the sub-menu.
2.  Arrow to the Explore JAWS sub-menu and press right arrow to open.
3.  Arrow to Explore my settings and press enter to open the user settings
folder which will be named Enu for U.S. English versions of JAWS.
4.  Press backspace to move up to the next higher settings folder.
5.  Highlight the ENU folder in the settings folder and press control+c to
make a backup copy of the ENU folder.
6.  Navigate to where you want to keep the backup ENU folder and press
control+v to paste it there.
7. Navigate back to the open settings folder, highlight ENU and press enter
to open it
8.  Again go to the start menu, all programs and then the older version of
JAWS sub-menu and press right arrow to open the sub-menu.
9.  Arrow to the Explore JAWS sub-menu and press right arrow to open.
10. Arrow to Explore my settings and press enter to open the user settings
folder which will be named Enu for U.S. English versions of JAWS.
11. Select the files you want to copy to the newer version of JAWS and press
control+c.
12. Navigate back to the ENU folder for the Newer version of JAWS and press
control+v to paste the items you copied from the older version.

Be aware that any files that are in the new version of the JAWS user
settings folder right after you have installed that version are Provided by
Freedom Scientific and may have changed from the old to the new versions.
That's why it's a good idea to make the backup copy of the newer folder
first.  These files can include files like the default settings
(Default.jcF) , the flexible web files, etc.

Any files that are not supplied by FS can usually be copied to the newer
version with the following exception.  Any JAWS executable script files
(*.JSB) that are copied from a newer version of JAWS to an older version may
not work in the lower version.  For example, any *.JSB files that were
created in JAWS 17 using the default options will not work in JAWS 16 or
earlier.  When copying script file to a lower version of JAWS, it's safest
to not copy the JSB files.  Instead, once you've copied the other files,
start the older version and navigate to its user settings file.  While
running the older version open each source  script file (*.JSS) in the JAWS
script Manager and press control+s to save and compile it.