From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2015 8:02 PM
To: Jaws users list <jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com>
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Windows Tablets

Hello, everyone.

I have a question that I hope will not be considered off topic for this
list.

I would like to purchase some sort of a Windows tablet to use when
traveling, and for when I don't want to drag my laptop computer around.

I am currently using Jaws 16, but plan to upgrade to Jaws 17 at some point,
probably in the next few months.

I assume that any windows-based tablet that I might get now will
automatically come with Windows 10 installed, which I'm ok with, since I'll
eventually need to upgrade my other computers to that operating system at
some point.

Can anyone give me recommendations and approximate costs of windows tablets
that would have sufficient resources to accommodate Jaws, and basic
Microsoft software such as Microsoft Office, Outlook e-mail, etc.?

At one point, I had considered moving to an IPad, but I am quite comfortable
with the Jaws to windows interface, so would prefer to stick with a Windows
tablet if at all possible.

Thank you!

Dr.  Tom Behler from Michigan