Had to do this last week, and FS just had me type jfw17/type repair

Cher

-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Sunday, December 06, 2015 2:19 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [Bulk] Re: [JAWS-Users] can someone post how to repair jaws please?

Hi Joanne,

Here you go:
The steps below are the best, most in depth, and most thorough way of
repairing Jaws according to Freedom Scientific Tech Support.

Note; jaws11 is the example, however, this will work for 12, 13, 14, & 15 as
well.

1. Place a copy of the Jaws executible version that you want to repair into
the main root of the " C " drive.  For example; If you are running Jaws11
most recent you would paste a copy of " J11.0.1430-32bit.exe " into the main
root of the " C " drive.  To open the main  root of the " C " drive, go to
the desktop, press enter on My Computer, press enter on Local disk C, and
now you have the main root of the " C " drive open.
2. With the Jaws " .exe " pasted into the "C" drive, highlight the " .exe ",
and press F2 as if you were going to edit this line of text.  now press
control + C to copy this Jaws executible, press escape to close the edit
field, and press Alt + F4 to close the C drive.
What you want to do is place just the title of the Jaws version into the
Windows Run Dialogue box and not the file.  If you were to place the Jaws
executible into the Run box without copying as you did as per the
instructions above you would have pasted the whole file into the Run Box
instead of just the title.
3. Now that you have just the title copied to the clipboard, press Windows
key + R to open the Run Dialogue Box.  Type, remember to type a capitalC ,"
C:\ " without the quotes or
spaces and press control + V to paste the Jaws title, press your end key to
take the cursor to the end of the title and type in the following " /type
repair" without the quotes but, with the spaces .  Below is what your line
of text should look / read like.

C:\J11.0.1447-32bit.exe /type repair

Read character by character to make sure you have put in the proper spaces,
Forward & back slashes and text.  press the home key to go to the front of
the title and press enter to start the repair.

A 2nd way to do the same thing.
From: Brian Lee

You might have already resolved the problem, but if not here is a link that
you can use to download the newest update for your 64-bit installation of
JAWS.  Information about performing the repair is shown below after the
download link.

ftp://ftp.freedomscientific.com/users/hj/private/WebFiles/JAWS/J11.0.1430-64
bit.exe

After downloading the file you can do the following steps to repair the
installation:

1.  Use Windows key with R to bring up the run dialog box.

2.  Use tab key to the browse button and press spacebar.

3.  Browse to the downloaded JAWS setup file and press enter key.

4.  Use tab key to move to where JAWS says "open colon edit combo", press
the end key and then press spacebar.

5.  Type in /Type repair, (that is first type a slash followed immediately
by the word type then a space and then the word repair.

6.  Use tab key to the OK button and press enter key.

7.  Follow the prompts.

Take care.
Brian Lee

3rd way:
From: Joseph FreeTech
If you want a step-by-step try this...

To run a repair locate the installer for the version of JAWS you are
currently using. Be absolutely certain the version of jaws you are running
and it's installer are identical. JAWS 16.x.y.z must match with JAWS
16.x.y.z.

Press Shift+F10 or Windows applications key then down arrow to the following
entry and press enter:
run as administrator.
Note: you may have to enter your admin password, and you may have to press
Alt+Y to bypass UAC.

The installation will begin.
Note: JAWS will probably revert back to it's default speed and language as
if you were installing JAWS for the first time.

After a few clicks during the initial loading process, you will be asked
what type of installation you would like to complete. Tab through this
dialogue and choose the following:
repair
Note: this dialogue might show a combo box, which means you should use your
up or down arrows to choose the repair option.

Tab to "next" and press enter.

The repair will begin and you will hear clicks implying JAWS is doing it's
thing.

If you need to repeat what was spoken, press Insert+B to read the entire
screen once again.

Please let me know if this helps, or if you need more info.

Joseph the free tech guy!
All are welcome to write me off list if absolutely any help is needed

Take care.
Mike
This email was sent from my, iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!

Take care.
Mike