Hello JAWS users,

I installed JAWS on a Windows 10 machine today at work. The process was mostly
accessible. I invoked Microsoft Narrator, which I hadn't used before, and
managed to use it to run Internet Explorer, download the latest JAWS 17
release, and start the installation. I switched off Narrator as soon as I
started the JAWS installation, so I didn't discover without help that, while
installing, the system had switched to the lock screen. Also, after the reboot
required as part of the installation process, I was again at the lock screen
and needed to supply credentials. It's possible that Narrator would have
worked at the lock screen after the reboot, but I didn't test it in that
situation. There was no beep or other auditory cue to indicate that the system
had rebooted successfully.

Now to the inevitable questions.

Where would I find the best description currently on offer of the Windows 10
desktop and start menu?

I also noticed that Alt-Tab only cycled through the two most recently opened
windows. Have others experienced this result, and if so, is there a solution
or alternative if you want to switch between any of your open
windows/applications?

I installed Firefox and configured it as the default browser. Since Microsoft
Office is installed, I set Outlook as the default e-mail application.

I expect to have more issues and questions as I try to turn this system into
an effective work environment. However, I'll try to repay any advice by
helping others on this and other lists as I try to do whenever I have
knowledge or insight to share.