Hi.

I didn't intend to have you using the tree view to browse, what happens to me is I get thrown into some no man's land and shift+tab twice places me back in the folder view thing. I'm not sure what to suggest as an attempt to fix your issue. Is this something that has like 3 or 4 items in it, and they're in a horrizontal layout aka icon view? In that case, right and left arrow would go to those. You can tab once or twice from the folder view to a header thing and use left arrow on where it might say icon view and it'll say detail, which will allow up and down arrowing.

Cheers, Aaron Spears, general Partner - Valiant Galaxy Associates Developing "very good audiogames" for the blind community http://valiantGalaxy.com Sent with Thunderbird 38.5.0 portable
On 5/16/2016 9:10 PM, zoe fiogkos wrote:
Hey there, thank you for your input. So here is what happends.
If I shift tab I hear tree view, if I arrow down to music and I hear jaws
say music closed, I arrow left, and I hear jaws say Michael Jackson closed,
and of course I arrow left and it opens the folder
Then Itab and it takes me to the tracks.
So a different way of doing it but I guess a work around.
I do like hitting the enter key much better, this new way gives me a few
more keystrokes that would be nice to avoid.
-----Original Message-----
From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of valiant8086
Sent: May 16, 2016 8:11 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: [Bulk] Re: [JAWS-Users] [Bulk] Re: before i contact fs support does
anyone have any idea?

Hi.

Could be you're somehow winding up with keyboard focus somewhere besides
the list box. This is a relatively common issue for me, you might try
shift+tabbing a couple of times and see if you can land focus back on
the list view.

Btw, I'm guessing you know this already but just in case, when you hit
enter on folders, JAWS isn't opening them, that's just Windows behaving
as it should to your keyboard input, and JAWS is just there to let you
know what's on screen.

Sorry if this seems extraneous. I feel drawn to point these things out
though because knowing these things can really help make efficient use
of one's computer in situations where there is no screen reader and one
is trying to get something done with no speech, or using a completely
different screen reader and you can benefit from knowing what
functionality will be consistent as it wasn't a screen reader thing to
begin with.