press insert f2, then hit s until you hear settings center, then hit enter.

On 7/17/2016 3:55 PM, Kevin wrote:
excuse me for being stupid but how do you go into the jaws settings

-----Original Message----- From: Mike B.
Sent: Sunday, July 17, 2016 10:44 AM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] jaws voice

Hi Kevin,

After updating to the latest J17 build I had to go into the Jaws context
menu / options / Voices / Voice Adjustment, & make changes to the following:

PC Cursor Voice
Jaws Cursor Voice
Keyboard Voice
Tutor and Message Voice

What you might be hearing is the voice pitch changes of the above settings. All the above default settings have various pitch settings which will make things sound weird / different than what you're used to with your preferred
settings.

As far as Jaws changing languages, go into the Settings Center default all
applications, arrow down to, Text Processing, right arrow to open, down
arrow to, Detect Languages, uncheck this box, tab to, Okay, press enter to
save the change & close.

You can also turn the, Language Detect Change, option off in Jaws quick
settings, Insert + V, for individual applications.

Take care.
Mike
Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Dodgers!
----- Original Message ----- From: Kevin