From: JAWS-Users-List [mailto:jaws-users-list-boun...@jaws-users.com] On
Behalf Of Tammy Freitag
Sent: Saturday, September 3, 2016 3:39 PM
To: jaws-users-list
Subject: [JAWS-Users] Jaws not talking

Ok, Jaws continues to baffle me.  I am running Jaws 17 on a Windows
8.1 laptop. I can not get Jaws to speak.  When I turn my computer on, I am
getting sounds except from Jaws.  I have tried loading Jaws from the desktop
icon & the run command.  I did get a strange sound when I tried entering on
the icon.  I even tried loading Jaws 14, with no results.  I have gone into
the run command, typed sndvol and experimented with the volume controls for
jaws.  Still nothing.  When I shut my computer down, it will say, Jaws for
Windows.  Ok, I surrender!  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

--
Independence is yours .  Are you willing to reach for it?
Tammy