FS Support told me recently that the command line repair and the other one you describe are in fact different, and have different capabilities. I will not try to explain the difference since I don't know!

Tim Ford

-----Original Message----- From: Kevin
Sent: Saturday, December 17, 2016 12:53 PM
To: jaws-users-list@jaws-users.com
Subject: Re: [JAWS-Users] INITIATING A JAWS REPAIR WITH CURRENT VERSIONS OFTHE SOFTWARE

but you don't need to use a command line to repair!  all that is needed to
do is enter on the executable of the current version of jaws in the download
folder.  the jaws setup begins, jaws will detect that the current version of
jaws is trying to install over itself, so a list of options appear modify,
repair or remove
isn't that sufficient?

-----Original Message----- From: john_Justice