Simon,

One issue that we have found with WinSvr2K8R2 is that when files are copied
from an "untrusted" source they are marked by the O/S as "blocked".  If you
select all of the files in Windows Explorer and look at the properties you
will see a "Unblock" button.  There is also a way to unblock all files
using a utility on SysInternals.  This post should help you with that:
http://darrenmyher.wordpress.com/2007/03/22/how-to-permanently-unblock-files-that-came-from-the-internet-sysinternals-streams-utility-zones-vista-and-blocked-files-in-ie/
.

Dick