Richard,

The real question is what do you want to do with your smart device?  Do you
just want traditional type access to the jBASE system (which is much less
than optimal on that device although the tablets do a reasonable job).
 However, if you are wanting to really control an application on the jBASE
system then you should consider a mobile app designed to work properly with
the smart device.  Both options are more than feasible with jBASE or any
other MultiValue database.  I have been using my iPad to connect to our VPN
then RDP and VNC into systems for a couple of years now.

Dick