Bill Burke wrote:

> - What's wrong with doing a Context lock, but not doing a transactional lock
> for read-only beans?

won't you still block on the context lock?

> If you do this you'll still be spec compliant,
> correct?  How would this affect your performance results?  I'm pretty sure
> the spec says it's up to the Container developer to decide how to synch
> beans per transaction, but you are required to make EntityBeans single
> threaded.
>
> - Which xml file has the flag (isReadOptimized)?  IMHO, if this read-only
> thing is accepted, this flag for it should be in jboss.xml, not jaws.xml, so
> that BMP developers have access to it.

I agree, if it's there at all.

> - All in all, IMHO, Transactional EntityBean locking should be removed
> totally from JBoss.  This locking is totally useless when you have more than
> one instance of JBoss hitting the sam DB anyways.  Let the DB handle the
> locking.  If you want your EntityBeans synched across transactions use the
> select-for-update options if you're using CMP, or with BMP, manage the DB
> locks yourself.

Being able to specify the transaction isolation level for your CMP beans
would also let us control concurrent access better.

-danch
Confidential e-mail for addressee only.  Access to this e-mail by anyone else is
unauthorized.
If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
reply e-mail
and destroy the original communication.