Hi,

We've noticed the enormous traffic between client and server.
Investigation showed that the problem is in MarshalledObject:
"...classes are annotated with a codebase URL from where the class can
be loaded (if available)", which means that when the enclosed
object was loaded via URLClassLoader, then the list of all URLs of the
classloader is enclosed in the MarshalledObject instance.
This list includes full names of all jar-files residing in the local
filesystem, in any case they can't be used on the remote computer.
In our project we use URLClassLoader in the client application,
JBoss and underlying JMX library use it as well, the result is awful.
My proposition to JBoss developers: to introduce own class which would
do the same things as the standard MarshalledObject class, but will
not enclose the URLs list,
or will contain only non-"file:" URLs ("http:", "ftp:"),
which can be used on the remote machine, at least theoretically.
I will implement this idea when/if it meets with approval.
Comments are appreciated.

Oleg