Exactly my thoughts.  I'm confident, but not THAT confident.....I'll make
sure that the ChangeLog/comments reflect this new "feature"

> |On another note, I view this change not as a "feature", but rather a bug
> |fix, an ejb spec violation.  It's kind of significant when I think
> |about it.
>
> hmm i don't remember that feature from 1.1 days, sounds like a
> 2.0 feature.

Again, it's common sense(at least in my brain ;-) why they changed it.(Plus
our app needs the change anyways....)

> As such it is great that you add it to be compliant. And sure sure, it is
> the most important feature of the server ;-)

Most important? Oh yah, But of course!(*snicker, *snicker), :-)

> |If you modify an entity within a transaction, a subsequent finder query
> |should be able to pick up the entity change.  The example from before,
> |should work, but doesn't with the current version of jboss.  Also common
> |sense dictates it should work as well, (at least in my messed up brain).
>
> ummmm that I really don't agree with, that database guys can see
> the change
> outside the commit within the same transaction seems kind of
> funky to me...
> but it is in the spec so...

I disagree(but its not really important who's right here  :-)
It would happen if you were doing the same logic with JDBC in the same
transaction, why shouldn't EJBs work the same way?

Again, thanks for your time.

Later,

Bill