On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, Rickard Öberg wrote:
> Well, the mgmt yadda yadda is nice 'n all, but the big problem is still
> there: it'll run piss-poor with Tomcat. It doesn't really matter what fancy
> stuff you can think up with that crap hanging around.
>
> There, I said it, it pisses me off. The J2EE stack is a dream but nothing
> more unless Tomcat is fixed.

        AFAICT the only problem in integrating with Tomcat is the whole
ClassLoader architecture.  If you can nail that in an intelligent way, I
think JBoss will run fine with Tomcat.  IMHO, the only way to solve this
is for a 3rd party service to create the ClassLoaders and then tell both
Tomcat and JBoss to deploy with the ClassLoaders it creates.  That way you
can load the app with a coherent CL structure, and screw what JBoss or
Tomcat think is best for their invividual piece of the pie.  Now this
service can undeploy and redeploy and so on, so EJB and servlet reloading
can both work again.
        Then you can worry about management tools that work the same on
both products.

Aaron