On Wed, 8 Aug 2001, Schaefer, Andreas wrote:

> Did you work with EJX. I tried to use it and it has some
> nice features but in the case of EJX (at least for me) it
> is too complicated and NO docu.
> I liked the idea of using Beans and the Bean Framework but
> the actual version of EJX is clunky and not user friendly
> (you cannot create the JAR files if they are not there but
> only adjust existing ones).
> When you want to reanimate EJX please do so but keep in
> mind that this is a big job and we need someone dedicated
> to it.

Below, I listed some tasks, that have to be done with EJX. I think, it's
easier to attend these tasks instead of beginning a completely new Tool.

EJX:
 o remember frame dimensions
 o remember recent directory
 o more informative frame titles
 o focus management

ejb-jar:
 o have different ResourceManagers for xml-descriptors and
   ejb-jars. The latter will allow to assemble a set of classes
   into a jar. (holger)

jboss:
 o use reflection or scan class files to determine finders
   and cmp fields (holger)
 o env-entries

jaws:

still missing:
 o app-client (holger)
 o web
 o ear

to be discussed:
 o should the jboss- and jaws-resource manager only work on
   jars or also on standalone xml-files
 o what else?

I've put my name behind some of those points. I'd like to see more names
behind the remaining tasks ..

BTW, where are the sources for the EjbJar ResourceManager? I only found
jBossEjbJar and decompiled the ejxejb.jar

Holger Engels