|Does this include what we loosely called .sar deployment (i.e. Jar file
|with MBeans and jboss.cfml/services.xml in it)? That would be so cool.
|:-)

yep.

You took the infrastructure so far with the MLet but making the stuff really
hot deploy is really a pain, the MLets don't work.  I now understand why you
took the december "argument" on our research so personally, you had in fact
ran into these problems during the JMX design.

You should have corrected me when I said we would not use this EVER in our
codebase ;-) it's the building block.  I should have known, research is
never "intellectual curiosity" but almost always finds implementations in
places we expect it least.

You will see, I will try to commit very very soon (I know I have been saying
so for the past 2 weeks) but the MLet stuff is replaced by a
ServiceClassLoader tightly coupled with the MBean/url approach... I think
you will like it, if you understood Dr Jung's work (did you?)

Re Rabbit Hole, I am now running out of time and need to commit. What I am
going to commit is basically the microkernel approach to the JMX stuff, a
working URL based deployment (real http farm installs) and the sar hotdeploy
approach to the server.  SPINE (GPA) + SERVICES = JBOSS.

A simple work.  I take what you had pionneered to its real final form and
its logical conclusion.  The microkernel stuff is real and solid imho, even
if it doesn't look like much, it is, I like to believe, ground breaking
work.

marcf