on 1-08-27 00.40, marc fleury at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> in my case though I do a kill -9 and see a hangup on startup due to the
> database and it is unclear.

A ctrc c or a 8083 shutdown will close the hypersonicDB clean otherwise the
db might become corrupted and at the next startup hypesonicDB will try
repair ... if that fails try move(rename) the .script file in the
db/hypersonic folder and start again - also it seems that becouse of the way
We start hypersonic - it can leave its serverSocket thread lingering altho
our vm is teared down - this appears only on *nix ? ...

/peter_f