>>> 1) Does jboss not throw and exception when a bean is reentrant?
>>>
> Can you explaing this more?  What is your version of JBoss?

The spec says that a nonReentrant bean should throw and exception when it
tries to reentry
I think jBoss is blocking. We see the same thing on 2.2.2 and 2.4

>>> 2) Does jboss not discard the transaction when NotSupported is used.
>>>      I see the code for tm.suspend(). But the log message still shows
>>> the blocking message.
>>>
>Again, entity beans that become part of a transaction are locked and will
>not be released no matter what until the transaction commits or rollsback.

I thought the transaction was suspended for NotSupported thus no need to
lock.
But I the code seems to work as you described above.

>>> 3) I've got deadlock city!!! I will be sending a more informative
>>> email when
>>> we get a test case.
>>>     We think it is a jboss transaction bug.
>>>
>Please make sure your code is not making bad assumptions.  I"ll be glad to
>help you out to sort this out.

We are looking into it more. I think our work around is to make any of our
"read-only" entity
beans RequiresNew.  Seems to cure the blocking thing. I think the ultimate
problem is that we
have entity bean referencing other entities.

d;