Hi,

> Peter Antman wrote:
> > Otherwise multicast/broadcast won't work, and that there is no
> > difference in that regars between using JavaGroup and JINI?
>
> Not really, except Jini can use Unicast as well. Multicast is bonus, but
> not required. I don't know about JG on this point.

    JG can use unicast and even TCP I think. I considered it for
    clustering in another (not jboss) project, but didn't eventually
    use it because I felt that it wasn't reliable enough
    (the project was related to controlling a production line
    in steel industry) - too many mysterious hangs for me.

    I ended in using plain multicast (with simple reliable transport
    layer). Jini might have been alternative
    for me also, but I didn't have enough time to learn it.

    This is just my opinion - someone might think that JG is
    reliable enough...

        Ari S.