this file should be included after processing local.properties, do you see
anything related to that?  I had some machine trouble and am rebuilding my
environment at the moment.

I will look into this more when I am up and running again.

The include of ${project.build}/local.properties (and
${module.root}/local.properties) comes before the task.properties include,
so definitions from either of those files should take precidence...

--jason