Hi David,

Thanks for your help...

David Jencks wrote:

> > 1. What's the situation with the test suite on different platforms. I
> > get a more errors than the number in the standard automated report? I'm
> > running on NT - do some of the tests only work on Linux?
> My understanding is that Chris only can run the tests on his linux system.
> I for one would be delighted if someone could run a nightly test on each
> other platform (hint hint;-)

That could be possible. I've ordered a new machine and a DSL connection
for the house (always used to slag off companies that skimped on
infrastructure costs :-). I was planning on running linux on it though,
as long as I can get it to talk to BT's dumb USB modem.

Still on the testsuite, is there any procedure or are there guidelines
for adding new tests or adding bits to existing ones?

> It may be easier to apply the changes by hand if they are small and this
> comfuses you as much as it did me. You might also want to check a manual to
> make sure I got this correct.

Ok, thanks, I'm suitably confused :-)... I would understand this as
being used when you want to merge updates that you don't have yet into
your code (e.g. if you know that the changes are only stable up to a
certain version). But I have the latest version of the main tree
checked out and want to also apply the changes to the 2.4 branch...
Having looked at the cvs manual, it seems I can use -j to go backwards
too, thus removing previous version changes from my working copy. But
it's giving me a sore head thinking about it so I think I'll just check
the 2.4 branch out and commit it separately...

Thanks,

Luke.

--
 Luke Taylor.                                  Monkey Machine Ltd.
 PGP Key ID: 0x57E9523C                        http://www.mkeym.com