Hmm, now I see you are asking if "stop all without undeploy" is useful. I
don't think so: it is very apt to interfere with the stopping/restarting of
mbeans based on their mbean-ref dependencies. In particular, unless you
stop mbeans in the reverse order of their deployment (actually startup),
some will stop others.  I don't think this order is accessible.

Most of our mbeans don't actually implement stop properly (so they can be
restarted). I can't think of any reason to stop all the mbeans without
stopping the server.

david jencks